zondag 21 november 2010

Reflection on working with TPACK

In my last post I reflected on the process of working on the final assignment, now I will reflect on working with TPACK and my ideas to integrate technology in education.

First of all I think that I learned more about TPACK by applying it in practice. That was directly our inset for our professional development program: you learn most about TPACK when you are working on it and apply it in practice! And I really liked that. The TPACK framework seems so logical that you might think it could not be so hard… But the opposite is true! It is very complicated! That is also what you discover when you are working on it in practice. Because it is very complicated I think that it is important for educational designers to make the TPACK model workable for teachers, you cannot just learn teachers about it in theory. I think that the TPACK model could be useful for the integration of technology in education, but it is not enough. Technology has to become something usual in education, not something special. That is the reason that the educational training institutions have a crucial role! When student teachers are there already learning to teach with technology they get really used to it. They are also grown up using technology so it might be easier for them to use it than for teachers that did not grow up with using technology. But for the older teachers I think that good practices are very valuable. Just show them what the possibilities are and how they could apply it. School leaders play a crucial role in respect to this. They can stimulate their teachers and make sure that the boundary conditions are good and that the vision on ICT is clear and that teachers believe in that vision. He can do that by showing good practices, professional development programs in relation to this and by obliging them to use it in some way.

Because I am not only a student but also a teacher, in this course I constantly thought about how I use technology in my education. Because I am teaching physical education I am always using technology in the broad way of the definition of technology, but the kind of technology this course was mostly about, ICT technology, I am not using at all actually. I am conscious about it now, and I see some possibilities that I have mentioned in earlier blogs. I will try to do something more with technology from now on! But I also think about what I have learned about TPACK, even more than I already did about, when I am preparing my lessons and when I am reflecting on the lessons I gave. I think that I have now a good basis for elaborating what the possibilities are for my specific situation.

This is my last blog in relation to the course ‘Pedagogies’. I really enjoyed to blog about my experiences and I hope that others enjoyed reading it!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten