dinsdag 12 oktober 2010

Time for some reflection!

By this time I have attained three lectures for the coure 'Pedagogies ..' and I am preparing for the fourth lecture. A good time to reflect on what I have learned and experienced! First I would like to say that the blogging way of learning, is a way of learning I like more than I expected to do! I can see what the other students are doing; I've read some blogs, however I did not react on it, till now (because I have to do so now). By reacting on other blogs I have to reflect, in stead of only reading...
But I also want to reflect on the three topics that we discussed in the lectures till now: Flexibility, pedagogies and technology. For me it is clear that those topics are leading to what is coming in the next lecture: the TPACK model (our teacher has made a good construction of the content :) )
What I realise after Petra told us, is that when I write about these topics, that I wrote about what is in it for students: they can definitly benefit when technology is used in education and they like it. I also realize that I only mentioned the negative aspects of it for the teachers; they have to do this, and that.... Not very strange that teachers have to be convinced about the benefits/ possibilities for teachers to use technology, I realise that I'm not really convinced too.. But I am working on it!
Of course I learned a lot of the topics; what flexibility is and how many ways there are to make the education more flexible; it is all about these choices you make as a teacher and there are a lot of choices, especially with new technologies). About pedagogies: what pedagogies exist? A lot! I mentioned some in my blogs, and how technology can support the approaches. But I realise that I am not very creative by myself; there are so many posibilities I did not think of, which we discovered in teh third lecture: making pictures for biology for example.
In the next lecture I hope to learn more about all the topics together!

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Hi Linda,

    I can imagine that you first only mentioned the negative aspects of the topics for the teachers (I also did), but do you see more positive aspects about the topics now for you as a teacher? Do you think you will use some of the things you've learned in these lessons? For instance, integrating technology in physical lessons won't be easy I guess..

    Thomas

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hi Thomas,
    I can see more positive, and more concrete aspects for teachers now yes. For my own lessons it will still be very hard to integrate technology, because there is no technology in the place I work, only in the classes. Reflection on what the students do will for example be very hard when I video tape them, because they can't look back at it immediatly. But it is not impossible: I hear from friends that are working at other schools, with more budget :), that they are videotaping students and can look back at it immediatly, at a screen.. And at least I am looking forward to think about possibilities for my own context!
    And I can at least help my colleagues with the integration of technology in other subjects by sharing ideas I heared.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen